Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween !!


Halloween is such a wonderful day......all about fun, candy and alter egos! Does it get any better ??? However, I understand that since Halloween falls on a Sunday this year that many locales had kids Trick-or- Treat last night on Saturday. I protest !! I remember a lot of the excitement of Halloween was seeing what day it would fall on each year......and it never mattered if it was a school night.....kids were allowed to run wild regardless !! In fact, staying out late, running in a pack was so much more sweet on a school night ! Also, back when, the church folk were not so threatened I guess.......Halloween reigned supreme! .....Sunday be damned !!
I bought Jim this Halloween candy AND just in case some poor soul wonders up our driveway tonight ! These are Jim's favorite two candies and thankfully some of my least favorites ! However, I just found out on one of my NPR podcasts that Robert Welch.....founder of the John Birch Society.....was not the owner of Welches grape jelly, like I always thought, but actually owned the candy company that makes these little Sugar Babies and Suger Daddys. Had Jim known this before he most likely would never have cultivated this craving for Sugar Babies ! Well, we all have our small failings in life and I love Jim in spite of it all !
Yesterday was a wondeful day for me. I went down and met a ,literally , lifelong friend . Belle and I first met when I was 2 and she was 4. We were close friends until she left to attend UC Berkeley in the mid-sixties. We had so much fun and mischief during that early sixties period......two cutie blonde surfer girls looking for trouble ! ........and we usually had no trouble finding some ! We hadn't seen each other for about 20 years , but the love was still there, we've made plans to see each other often. Belle lives in Berkeley .....always one of my favorite places to visit.

No comments: