Monday, October 18, 2010

Essence of Halloween !


As I was putting up our Halloween decorations last week I was once again distracted by how exciting this day used to be for the kids. It wasn't just Halloween they were excited about , but the portal it opened.......2 months of exciting holidays, presents and treats. When I came across this little decorative box I so vividly remembered the day my good friend Terry gave it to us. When you lift it up out comes an eerie little tune. Not such an astounding feat in this era, but back in the early 80's it seemed like magic ! The kids were in awe of it.......I think they believed it possessed magic powers and so they were always very careful not to "lift it" too often least the magic disappears ! Well, to this day.....some 25 years later......it still emits it's magical scary sound when lifted ! It either has the world's best battery or it is indeed magical ! I think it must be the latter, because when I lift it I hear the hustle and bustle, the shrieks of delight and can just about reach out and hug each of those precious little witches and goblins of mine.

No comments: