Sunday, October 10, 2010

10-10-10 !


Happy Birthday number 88 to my wonderful Mom ! I'm so very lucky to be living nearby so we're able to spend so many wonderful days together. And......yesterday was one of the best !! Molly and I picked Mom up about 10:00 and headed toward the coast.......stopping in Davis for some decadent coffee to go. We arrived at Bodega Bay about 1:00 and stopped at The Tides restaurant for some delicious chowder and sourdough bread. We had a great table on the water and it really felt like we were on vacation .......a feeling I barely remember !!! We drove up the coast aways and found a pull-out and stopped and enjoyed the sights, sounds and scents of the ocean. It's been a really long time since my Mom's been to the beach and I know she really enjoyed it. We drove a few more hours up the coast.....it was so hard to turn around, it gets more beautiful the further you drive. When we got back to Jenner we headed down the Russian River.......a journey of memories for me as it was my home in the late 60's. We stopped in Forestville for a milkshake and Mom opened her presents at a wooden picnic table..........quite the party as across the street we had some drunk white boy rappers serenading us ! We got home about 7:30.......exhausted.....guess we were just partied out !!
Also Happy Birthday today to my awesome brother-in-law Jack !! Jack has the gift of being able to always make the most of life ....a trait I very much admire.

No comments: