Saturday, May 15, 2010

Confirmation !




These are some of the photos I took before, during and after Espen's confirmation. It was a Humanist ceremony ........Grandma Jean would be so proud !.......a civil ceremony as opposed to religious. It was held in the Oslo City Hall , which is where President Obama received his Nobel Peace Prize this year. It's an exquisite building , rich in history and the acoustics are amazing ! The ceremony was , of course , in Norwegian so I can't report exactly what was said........and you probably wouldn't want me to if I could !! There was a wonderful Brass band.......beautiful in any language.
After the ceremony we took the train back to the house and enjoyed a sumptuous catered dinner with Espen's extended Norwegian family. It was a wonderful party and what a great bunch of people. I'm so glad we were there ........Espen means the world to me.
Today I met Molly in Auburn and we spent the afternoon together .....catching up on her busy life. I also picked up groceries for our little late Mother's Day celebration scheduled for tomorrow. Wouldn't want a chance for a family get-together pass us by !

No comments: