Sunday, February 21, 2010

Lupine Hill Olympics!


A cold wet Sunday....perfect weather to watch other....much younger....people excel!! Lots of Short Track Speed Skating......one of my favorite spectator sports. All the ski racing leaves me conflicted.......I miss the feel of the that speed and the fluidity of downhill skiing. I'm lucky that it was such a big part of my life for so many years......thanks, Dad, for the early introduction and taking me up EVERY single weekend! .......you made living at the base of the mountain in Sun Valley a situation I could really take advantage of! I don't live that far from skiing now , but I don't qualify for any local discounts and it seems strange to me to have to drive at all before I can head down the mountain. Still I find my many years of skiing effect me in a lot of ways........it creates a strong sense of timing in movement and it certainly teaches a sense of "going for it". I'm so glad I was able to start all my kids early and to watch them all become such awesome skiers.......they'll have fuller lives because of this incredible sport.

No comments: