Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Faux Spring !


The Paperwhite bulbs that I planted about a month ago are paying off now! I have little pots of them stashed all over the house.......the scent is delicious ! It'll be quite a while before the daffodils, lupine and iris bloom on the hills outside , but here inside my cozy home.......Spring has Sprung!!
I've been home all day cutting out my squares for Ebay......I did take a short break to head up to town. I went to the post office to mail some orders off......also stopped at Wortons to buy some Italian sausage to make Penne pasta for dinner. All the snow's pretty much melted up there, but sounds like there may be more on the way this coming weekend.
For those of you I haven't talked to recently I wanted to let you know that Ryan's Dad, Don, died several days ago. He never regained consciousness after the emergency surgery they performed. I haven't spoken to Lynne, Ryan's Mom, since Don died.......I can't imagine the pain she feels........a son and her loving husband within a few months for each other. Also, I miss my Tess.......I haven't spoken with her either . I guess Tessy needs time .......she's in my thoughts every minute and I hope a sense of Spring comes her way soon.

1 comment:

Shelby and Bev said...

wow janet, i haven't read your blog in awhile, and was so shocked to read about ryan's dad...so unbelievable...i am so, so sorry ...all of you are in our thoughts...
bev xoxoxoxo