Friday, August 1, 2008

Newest Family Members!


Guess what came home with Jim the other night........four new egg producers!! The newcomers created quite a bit of excitement around here when they showed up!! Jenny and I were having a real quiet day ......not expecting much to happen. Jim drives up the driveway and all of a sudden we had something to "uh and ah" ......as well as bark at!! Two of the chicks were about a month old and already looking very "chicken" like, but the two younger ones were still fluffy little chicks. We're keeping them in the garage until they're old enough to fend for themselves out in the coop with the grown-up ladies. I wish for them and long and productive life......and hope the electric fence continues to do it's job against the bears!

I had a pretty productive day myself!! I loaded up the truck and headed down to the recycling place. It's been a couple of months since I've gone...so I had a truck full!! I made about $40.oo.......worth the trip down! While I was there I stopped at the grocery store and did the weeks shopping...............so much for the $40.oo...and then some!!

No comments: