Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Best Part of Summer!!!


Yummmmm....the tomatoes are piling up! They are really lovin' life up here this year....a bumper crop! Tomatoes have always been one of my favorite foods and at last I live in a warm enough climate to be able to have all I want! I eat them in the morning......at noon and always for dinner. A big blue bowl that I use full of tomatoes, homegrown cucumbers and often green peppers if there are any ripe ones. I sprinkle with garlic salt and lemon pepper and then mix with a bit of seasoned rice vinegar.........if you have access to good tomatoes try this summer ambrosia!

I saw my Mom today and brought her a big bag.......she's for sure where my tomato loving genes originated. She actually attributes her good health and longevity to eating so many tomatoes.............I sure hope they have that effect on me!

Yesterday I made 4 jars of Sweet Chili sauce with the tomato overflow......oh, I wish you could all taste some. I think it 's one of all the kids favorite foods, served over egg noodles. It's a common request for birthday dinners. I'll probably get a least 4 more jars canned before the season's over..............we'll have enough to enjoy all winter long.


No comments: