Sunday, August 3, 2008

Guess What I Just Found........


It's early Sunday evening here and I was just out wandering around over by the trolley that runs between two of our oaks....I looked up to the trolley loading platform and there sat Johan's hat. The rush of emotion was intense and really unexpected.........I miss all those little guys so much. I shouldn't be so surprised....every year after they're gone I find some little item they've left behind and every year some tears are shed. I always think .....Hey, it's okay.....I can talk on the phone to them all, maybe make an Internet connection with them...and it won't be ALL that long before they're back. But then just some random thing left behind triggers a heart breaking sadness. I cried awhile into my sweet Jenny's face and then cried some more in Jim's arms and then into my computer to watch...yet again...the amazing video made by the kids this summer.....Billy Goat vs Billy Jesus......now I'm back on track with laughter spreading across my face and already looking forward to next Summer!

2 comments:

jilljen said...

Oh my God, you made me cry pretty hard when I read this, Mom... I miss you so much, too! I did laugh when I read that you went in to the Billy Jesus movie, though. I'll have to get the kids to make a Billy Jesus pt. 2 movie!

Tessly Mnemonic said...

Ah Mom, I am glad that you are laughing again. I am sure that Jenny was happy to have the attention! When I come back to visit, I will upload the Billy Goat vs. Billy Jesus video on youtube and we can put it on your blog.