Thursday, August 21, 2008

August Garden


The garden this year is out doing itself......Jim discovered a new organic fertilizer and it really seems to be doing it's job! As I've mentioned before the tomatoes just keep coming at an amazing rate....and now the peppers and eggplant are beginning to catch up. The winter squash are growing bigger day by day and are the most beautiful shade of orange. I have a more intimate relation with the garden this year. It's usually Jim's "thing", but he's been working so much this summer I've taken over a bit of the garden chores. I see why he's so smitten with the garden.......besides all the great veggies it produces!........it's so lush out there, so full of life and probably one of the most peaceful places I can think of.

I've had a lousy cold the last few days......I've been eating raspberries, tomatoes, cucumbers........anything to try to help my body fight it! I feel better today.......probably just the cold has run it's course..........but maybe our garden did it's part too.

No comments: