Monday, July 28, 2008

Fresh Cookies!


Today was a little out of my routine.......I left early this morning to attend my Aunt Emma's funeral. It was not such a terribly somber event as Aunt Emma was 96 years old, but more truly a celebration of her spunk and amazing baking skills! She has always made the most incredible coconut cake......from scratch WITH boiled frosting...........the world will be a less delicious place without Aunt Emma's cake.

When I got home I had an urgent need to bake something.......I'm not so good at cakes......but cookies I can do! Molly's here to help me eat them.....so what the heck..........



Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies


2 sticks butter 1 1/2 cup flour

1/2 cup white sugar 1 tsp. baking soda

1/2 cup brown sugar 1 bag chocolate chips

1/2 cup peanut butter

1 tsp. vanilla

2 eggs

Cream together butter and sugars. Add peanut butter and vanilla.

Beat well and then stir in eggs.

Add flour and baking soda, stir in well . Finally stir in chocolate chips.



These cookies are soft and melt in your mouth...........

a fitting tribute to you, Aunt Emma.


1 comment:

jilljen said...

Wow, I have to say that I didn't even realize that Aunt Emma was still alive. And I never got to taste here coconut cake!!