Monday, July 21, 2008

Season of the Cucumber!


Well....it's here again..that time in late July when the garden threatens to overwhelm me! I start to dream lovingly of swarms of locust.......anything to slow the steady march of veggies needing attention! This photo is what my stove will look like until the middle of September.....at the ready to whip up a batch of pickles.....jars of relish and tomato sauce! All of which I crave and appreciate during the Winter months, but boy....sometimes I long for time when I have nothing I feel I "should" be doing! I know....talk about spoiled!!! I'm sure I'll live an extremely long and healthy life consuming all of this great organic produce........if the stress of it all doesn't kill me!!

I do wish I could get a taste of a warm ripe tomato straight out of the garden to each of you....I think it's the taste of Americana......goes along with warm apple pie, fried chicken....and my personal favorite Diet Coke!!

No comments: