Thursday, October 11, 2012

Score Another Point For Fall !

     It's a cold, dark and damp afternoon up here.....it's about time....all those sunny, warm days have been getting on my nerves !!  It was a wonderful day to curl up with Jim and watch the Giants win yet another playoff game !  We're about to start a fire and I've got some chicken marsala simmering on the stove. 
      I want to share something I chanced upon a couple of weeks ago......these amazing pumpkin spice English muffins !   Oh, they are most delicious, but hard to find.  I got Tess hooked on them and then she couldn't find them anywhere......well, Tessy, I'm here to tell you I've got three packages in the freezer and I intend to share with you !!  Bring on the cream cheese !
    I haven't been lazing on the sofa eating English muffins all day.....I worked in the yard all morning, ran a few errands ......trying to get some things done for the big party on Saturday.  The party is our annual Fall Birthday Bash since we have an abundance of September and October birthdays in our families.  This year the focus will be on my mom's 90th birthday and so I'm trying to make everything extra nice.  There'll be around 30-35 people and so tomorrow I'll spend the day cooking.  Easy menu, but a lot of prep work.....croissants with curried chicken salad and Asian cole slaw.......and, of course, the birthday cake !  The weather should be back to beautiful by Saturday......I'm really looking forward to the day.
   

No comments: