Monday, January 17, 2011

Suds !



A new endeavor here on the farm......all natural homemade laundry soap ........a concoction I brewed up out in the laboratory ! I actually made my first batch a few days before Xmas, but I wanted to give it several wash loads before I started singing it's praises. Some 25 wash loads later I feel it's safe to say I love it ! It smells fresh and clean, is much less expensive than store bought brands, gets the clothes nice and clean.........and, bonus, it is the must delicious shade of yellow....my favorite color ! It takes me about 10 minutes to make the amount shown in above photo and, since I only use about 1/4 cup per load, this amount lasts me at least 8 weeks at a cost of roughly $5.00. I may start selling it on Ebay or Etsy and it's a natural to go with my kitchen towels.
Yesterday my Dad came up and spent the day. It was beautiful. sunny and warm ......as opposed to the Valley which had dreary fog all day. We had a nice visit, watched a little football and looked at some old photos he'd brought along.
Today was another beautiful day, however, I drove down to see my mom and enjoy our favorite salad at Chilis. It was cold and damp down there, but always wonderful to see my Mom's bright, sunny smile !
I've got apple muffins in the oven right now .......crab in the fridge for dinner....even a Kings game recorded to watch soon.

No comments: