Sunday, January 23, 2011

Donner Party !



Well , we did make it out alive and I did have some Butterfingers in my pack ......so there was really never any danger of a search party finding us this Spring.......but, it was a little mini adventure .
Molly, Ross and I started out the day with a trip down to Roseville where we met Granny at Chevys. We all split an order of the fajitas......more than we could eat ! We had a wonderful visit on a beautiful warm, sunny day.
We headed back up the hill and picked up Jim and Jenny and headed up Foresthill Rd. to China Wall. It's been sunny and warm the last couple of weeks so the amount of snow was a little disappointing, but there was enough to tramp around on our snowshoes. It was a little treacherous due to snow conditions, but that didn't deter Ross.......I think his next career will be that of "speed snowshoer".......he was flying.....and I mean in a good way ! The rest of us ambled around for a few hours......it was wonderful to be outside in the winter air. From one of the wettest Decembers on record to one of the driest Januarys......I hope we get more snow soon......this snowshoeing thing could be very addictive .
Playoff football today and it's actually a lot colder and cloudy, but no one's predicting any snow any time soon. A cozy fire's going and before the games start I plan on finishing my book .......Sundays are awesome !

No comments: