Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year....just a few days late !


Don't tell me it's going to be another one of those years.....you know, the kind of years that fly by.....you turn around and another week's just passed ! I guess I need to resign myself ......it's always one of those years !!
Last Friday evening.....New Year's Eve.....we drove down to Jerry and Barbara's house for a quick visit. They weren't able to make it up here for Xmas and we wanted to see them. Jack and Donna and also Marcy were there too. They had all prepared a delicious dinner....Shepherd Pie for dinner.....Lemon Pie for dessert ! A lovely dinner.....pie heaven ! We got home around 11:00...sound asleep before the strike of midnight, although I did wake up briefly at 12:00 when someone shot off some fireworks. I may have even rolled over briefly and kissed Jim "Happy New Year !" !
It was a cold, snowy rest of the weekend and we never left the house. I read half of a book " The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" on Saturday......a thrill for me, a good book and a warm fire ! Sunday was the last day of the regular season of the NFL and so we watched every game available ! A little excitement.......alot of moaning !
Today I spent most of the day cleaning the garage. Amazing how garages get cluttered up......especially around the holidays. All clean now and it feels so good !
Oh....I also got all the Paperwhite bulbs started this weekend......in a couple of weeks the house will smell like Spring !!

No comments: