Friday, December 17, 2010

Sunshine for January !


The storm-of-all-storms has arrived today and is due to continue through next week ! Hence, it's a cold and wet day up here. So far no snow, but I hear the snow level may be lowering as the days gone on. A good day for cleaning and so I put on some Xmas music and started in on kitchen cupboards. The kitchen is now shiny clean inside and out ! Now it's about time to start baking and soooooo...there goes the sparkling clean kitchen !
Someone at Jim's office gave him some grapefruit off their tree last week and since I've never had a homegrown grapefruit that I like......and even the chickens disdain grapefruit......I've decided to try something new with them. I sliced them about 1/8 of an inch thick and now they'll be in the food dehydrator for about 6 hours . When they're dry I hope to string them with twine and maybe a few pine cones and hang them as a swag in the family room window. I love decorating AFTER Xmas with paperwhite bulbs and now I'll have a bright yellow touch of sunshine to hang up also.
Molly may be up later to spend the weekend. Ross' band is playing all weekend in Reno , so I invited her up to hang out. I'm thinking of a few projects I might engage her in.....or we might just watch Xmas movies !

1 comment:

jilljen said...

Good use of the grapefruit, Mom! I like the idea of decorating after Christmas with white bulbs and citrusy colors. Hope you and Molls have a fun weekend. Love you both!