Sunday, November 21, 2010

So Sad to See It End !!



The "cozy weekend" is just about over......Jim heads back to work tomorrow and I head upstairs to sew. The storm turned out to be not as horrific as advertised, but we were without electricity for a good part of yesterday and today. We only got a few inches of snow, but some of the trees still had leaves on and they were hard hit....especially our Maple, which is now about half the size it was pre-storm. I'll venture out maybe tomorrow to document the damage ! Pretty sad about it as it was becoming a beautiful large tree......I hope it can continue in spite of this setback.
While the power was on yesterday I managed to get a bit of sewing done, but still not caught up......I have two weeks until my next show so I'm not too stressed yet ! Today we watched some football, courtesy of faithful "genny", but now the power's on and we're about to settle in for a Kings game. I've been cooking a pot of beans on the wood stove all day and just finished raising some yeasty potato rolls.....pop them in the oven in a few....and we're good to go !

No comments: