Friday, January 1, 2010

Roast Reindeer !


I know I'm a few days late with reindeer discussion, but last night I ate some reindeer for the first time !! We went over to some friends house for dinner and barbecued reindeer was on the menu. By the way.....this photo is not actually reindeer, it's the rather mundane roast beef we're having for dinner tonight....ya, Jim likes his meat rare! The reindeer last night was remarkably good......not nearly as gamy as venison, which I don't like. We had a wonderful New Year's Eve at Sarah and Lucky's house and even though we left before midnight their neighbors across the fields supplied us with an entertaining illegal fireworks show......a sight I've been hungering for since leaving Idaho.......Californians don't know what they're missing !!!
Cold and rainy to start the new year, but the rest of the weekend is supposed to be nice. So far I've cleaned one cupboard and one kitchen drawer.....a New Year's tradition of sorts.......so I've kind of earned a few Bowl games....maybe dive into a new book .......whatever you choose to do today I hope you're able to start the New Year off doing whatever makes you happy!

No comments: