Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Winter Prune!..and I Don't Mean My Picture!


Such a beautiful day here today.......the outdoors beckoned. The cold and snow a few weeks ago really took it's toll on many of my perennials .........plants that have withstood the snow for many years just couldn't hold on this year. This afternoon I pruned all the damaged growth off ........and now I'll hope for the best come Spring.
I also finally got a chance to enjoy my favorite New Year activity.......forcing some Spring bulbs indoors. In just a few weeks I hope to have the house smelling of Spring.....thanks to all the Narcissus bulbs I started today.
Jim's been out dreaming of Spring in the garden all day......on a day like this it's easy to believe it's right around the corner......weather history tells a different story. Still......already the days seems longer, the air's a little softer......the march is on !
By-the-way.......this photo's for you, Terry!

No comments: