Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Penny Saved...........!


This is about a years worth of spare change....minus any quarters.....those go in another container.........and it must weigh at least 7 or 8 lbs !! I "roll" all my quarters and take them to the bank, but it doesn't seem worth it with all this loose change. There's a machine at Raleys that counts it and then I can choose a gift card in that amount.......if you choose cash it takes a percentage. I'm going to try to take it down this week.......but it is really heavy and I can just see me spilling it on the way in ! Not quite enough to use a wheel barrow.......but I wish I could ! Maybe one of my heavy duty shopping bags......or a chicken feed sack....or maybe I'll wait until Molly can help me.......she's big and brawny!
Bubanda came for dinner last night and announced that Amanda is Auburn's newest resident......... she's moved in with Seth. I'm happy for them both and they both sure seem excited. And you GO, Amanda........she got Seth to wash all his clothes , clean out his closet, she cleaned his kitchen AND Seth said he was going to apply for a writing job with a local newspaper !!! I hope this is a love affair that lasts forever!
I sold my first quilting squares on Ebay and the women who bought them actually ordered some more. I listed a couple more sets yesterday.......could be a nice little source of income.
Jim lost his keys last night somewhere between his car and our bedroom.......I've scoured both the inside and outside of the house and they're no where to be found. I'm sure they'll turn up somewhere , both only after we've given up and replaced everything !

1 comment:

jilljen said...

OMG - so exciting that Bubba and Amanda moved in together! That's really cool!

And...calling Molly big and brawny is an overstatement, even if she is strong.

Hope Jim found his keys!