Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Brrrrrrrrrr..........


Baby, it's cold outside !! It hasn't gotten out of the low twenties for three days now and the lows at night have been in or near the single digits. I feel so sorry for my ladies, the chickens.......shivering all night in their little hen house. Through it all they've still been giving me eggs every day........what little troopers ! Even Jenny's condescended to come in and lay by the fire......she usually only grudgingly comes inside and can't wait to get back outside.
I think we may have lost our hardy lemon tree.......I can usually go out and pick lemons in the snow, but the fact that it just never warms at all during the day may have done it in. For sure many of my perennial flowers are toast.....oh well.....I'll get to stalk the nurseries come Spring.
Sounds like more snow on the way this weekend. I have an order to deliver on Friday......hope I can get them down to her. I also want to do some shopping with Molly on Saturday.....we haven't gotten to do any Xmas shopping together yet and there's this one store in Auburn that gives away fresh, hot caramel corn during the Xmas season.......a tradition for Molly and me !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for the caramel corn and last minute shopping! Don't lose that Christmas spirit that I love.
Love You, Molly