Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Autumn Hike !


Yesterday Jim and I took advantage of the last of the snowless days in the High Sierra. We headed to a beautiful area of the mountains that I bet 9 out of 10 Californians have never seen or even heard of........a little range north of I-80 called the Sierra Buttes......above photo is Upper Sardine Lake. We had the place almost completely to ourselves and although it was windy and cold......all that uphill hiking kept us pretty warm. Looking ahead to warm weather this Summer we found lots of great swimming lakes and a few we might be able to drag a raft up to for a little shore exploration !
Today was spent somewhere not nearly as scenic.......inside of Target !! I was finally able to run down some towels there........so it's back upstairs to work for me !!! But........not until Thursday ! Molly has the day off tomorrow [Wednesday] and so I'm meeting her and taking her "birthday shopping" because Thursday is her 24th Birthday !! I can't begin to guess want she would want .......so better to let her do the picking out ! I think my Mom may join us for awhile so it should be a real fun afternoon.


No comments: