Sunday, November 9, 2008

Cozy Sunday!


Wow, a quiet Sunday with a nice warm fire going.......life hardly gets any better than this!.........but then I'm a really boring kind of person. I feel a little guilty that I don't have my sewing machines humming along......I was going to bring one of the machines downstairs so I could work at the coffee table.....watch football and keep warm by the fire, but laziness took over and I'm only using the coffee table to keep my Candy Corns on! Well, tomorrow I'll be back to my workroom making magic!!!!!

Yesterday Molly and I headed to Roseville to do a little Xmas shopping......and I actually made some headway......I pretty much got Jilly's family done and so I can start sending those off to Norway this coming week.

We're inheriting my Mom's 32" TV since she bought a new 42" set and so yesterday Molly and I also went to junk shop and bought a sweet little table to put the bigger TV on......it's a drop-leaf style, with a solid oak top, but it needs to be sanded and I'll paint part of it.......kind of a funky style. I also got a really cool old oak desk chair.......pictured in above photo. I never liked the modern fake leather one we had....isn't really our style.......I LOVE this one, so much more character than one made in China. Most of the furniture in our house shows some history of previous owners or it's furniture that Jim's made.........funky is for sure our style of preference!

Molly and Seth went up climbing with some friends today...they must be freezing!

I'm cooking a big pot of chili for dinner......I think I'll make it extra "hot" to help them warm up!

1 comment:

jilljen said...

I like your new chair!