Tuesday, June 26, 2012

El Capitan !!


      I just got word that Seth and his friend Jon are climbing El Capitan in Yosemite ! They started out early this morning at sunrise. It's been a dream of Seth's since he was about 12 years old.  It will take them 2-3 days to complete the climb , sleeping on  narrow ledges or in slings tied onto boltsThey also will be hauling up their food, sleeping bags and warm clothes......all that and still be able to literally hang by their finger tips.   Am I a little freaked out........I sure am !  I know Seth sees this as the pinnacle of his climbing career and will certainly secure his place as among the elite of climbers, still ......no mom wants to think about their son spending 3 days on the granite face of a huge mountainThat said.....I'm so proud of you, Seth......your love of your sport and the amazing grace and talent you bring to the world of climbing is nothing short of incredible  Come home safely.......my precious Blackman.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with Seth and your family. So exciting. Betty