Thursday, April 26, 2012

Good Occasion for a Party !




   I'm a few days late in posting these photos....but, being late is just a way of life for me !!  On Monday evening Jim's staff gave him a wonderful retirement party.  A delicious barbeque, a cooler of beer and homemade cakes.  It was such a delight to get to know all these people who's names I've heard for years.  A few I'd met before ....others I've never met.......all of them such wonderful people !  Jim has truly enjoyed working with them and from talking to them it's apparent that they enjoyed and appreciated Jim.  They had many heartwarming thing to say about him......I know he'll miss them all in spite of himself.  In the photos above is a pinata they'd made .....in the image of a "Blackberry"......Jim's constant companion in the last few years.  He really enjoyed ripping into the pinata with an iron rod !  On Monday, his last day, he plans on grinding the real Blackberry into the ground!  
   So, on Tuesday, our new life together begins.....I really look forward to spending more time with the love of my life.

No comments: