Thursday, August 26, 2010

A New Beginning !


A few weeks ago my Mom gave me custody of this plant..... the heat has fried my brain, I can't think of what kind of plant it is!.....but,it was suffering greatly in the Central Valley heat ....barely alive. This photo shows what mountain air can do for living things ! It's covered with blooms and sprouts many new leaves every day. My front porch has nursed many forlorn plants back to good health, but this one stands out from them all !
At last the hot weather of the last couple of days is gone. It was 102 up here yesterday.......very unusual for this elevation. Today it's about 15 degrees cooler.....and I'm in a much better mood !! Jim need not be afraid to come home tonight!!
Lot's of canning plans for the weekend.....it's been too hot to get the kitchen all steamy, but this weekend sounds cool and breezy.........perfect days to make up for lost time !! ........more chili sauce , bread and butter pickles and apple pies.
Most exciting thing to happen today was a phone call from Josh.......they're coming for Labor Day weekend !! He wants to see everyone so sounds like a few barbecues need to be planned. It's been a year since we've seen them......way too long. I'm so excited .......I can hardly wait !!

P.S> not brain dead yet !.......plant is a fuchsia !

No comments: