Thursday, September 24, 2009

Foresthill, Hawaii !


Bravo for this amazing bromiliad...... a decidely tropical plant , this one has taken on mountain living ! Snow and freezing temps have not stopped this hardy lady from blooming this year ! I have it just sitting out on the front porch railing.....kind of hidden from view.....for ...oh...about 10 years now. I've been amazed that it stayed alive at all.....but now this ! The blooms are a little strangely shaped , but hey......most people can't get these to rebloom even under the best of conditions......like being indoors and not being covered in snow ! Now I don't know if I should leave it as-is....or move it to a better suited environment. I guess I shouldn't argue with success......if it blooms again in another 10 years I'll be sure and let you know!
Some sad news this week......Pearl Dreyfuss , my Dad's partner's wife died in her sleep. Pearl has been a part of my life since I was two years old......I have so many wonderful memories of Pearl and her family. My mom, Molly and I are going to her funeral tomorrow.....I look forward to giving her children , my childhood friends , a warm smile and hug.

1 comment:

jilljen said...

Oh - I'm so sad that Pearl died. I feel like she was a big part of my life, too. Now I've got tears streaming down my face...Be sure to tell her kids how much she meant to me, too!