Monday, September 21, 2009

A Farewell to Summer !



It's supposed to be the first day of Fall today , but it seems the heat of summer holds on. Since Jim took the day of .......we decided to do a little summertime hike to send the season off in style. We loaded Jenny up , threw in a couple of sandwiches and off we went ! We hiked into one of our favorite lakes......Long Lake. A little picnic, some stick-throwing-in-the-lake, a little more hiking...........time to head home. Yes, it was sort of brief , but it's a short drive and was a fitting goodbye to Summer.
My sale on Saturday was dismal......all indications are that this will not be a very profitable season......I heard lots of sad tales from other vendors that were there. Maybe as it gets closer to Xmas it'll pick up a little.
The days are getting a lot shorter.....and even though the days are hot, it cools off nicely at night. For now....I'd better start dinner and pay attention to Monday Night Football......Ross and I are wagering and I already owe him $2.00.....!

3 comments:

Jack and Donna said...

Ah, yes! Long Lake. One of our favorite hikes, too. Only did it once. With you, Jim, Molly and Tess. A fond memory.

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, that's the lake I was remembering. Pictures always help my memory!

jilljen said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun day. Sorry your show wasn't as profitable as you had hoped!!