Saturday, March 23, 2013

Life is Good !

   And..... the amazing weather continues !   A bit of rain on Wednesday and Thursday ......and now back to sunny and warm.  I've taken advantage of this and had some adventure, some  homebody time and some wonderful times with Jim.
   A week or so ago, my mom, Seth and I headed up to spend the day with Tess and Bryn at their cabin.  It was so beautiful up there and Tessy has done such a wonderful job in fixing up their little place and making it a warm and welcoming home.  Anyhow, after taking in the sights around her home .....and some play time with Bryn....we decided to go down the road to Peterson Corner for lunch.  Awesome roadhouse type place......not a poser roadhouse ....a REAL roadhouse started in the 1800's, complete with plenty of characters in the bar.  Since we had Bryn with us we were very warmly welcomed......he had big, brawny men melting over his baby charisma.   We enjoyed an awesome lunch ......I highly recommend the place if ever you're out in the middle of nowhere !     After lunch we drove back up the road to check out Tess' nearest grocery store.......Mother Truckers !!   A step back in time to the sixties......I loved it and if I lived there I would find an excuse to go everyday !   It had everything the folks of rural Nevada County could want......natural foods , fresh produce and rolling papers!  
   Next adventure.....Jim and I headed down the hill to become among the elite......RV owners !!   So exciting, although we haven't opened it up since we got it home since the weather was a little damp for a few days and we didn't want the canvas to get wet.  Sure looking forward to some time soon to try it out on a little overnighter.
   Last week Jim found some folks to play music with and seemed to really have a blast.  They meet a couple of times a month.....I'm going down with him next time.....I'll report back with pictures !
    Yesterday Tess and Bryn came over for the day......I was in heaven !  Brynny plays and plays......amazing ability to entertain himself.  He got tired and Tess was tied up on the phone for work so I loaded him up in the wheelbarrow and off we went.  He was asleep within 10 minutes and slept outside under a tree for several hours.
   Today Molls and I met my mom for lunch and Molly got herself some new shoes at REI.  I got some groceries for tomorrow.....Dan and Anna are coming up for the day and hopefully stay for dinner.....really looking forward to seeing them.


 

No comments: