Sunday, December 23, 2012

May Not Be White...But it Sure is Wet !

 Rain and wind......3 days straight now !  It's supposed to snow later this afternoon, but I'm really not encouraging it......Tess, Seth and Molly are driving to San Francisco for the day and I want Molly to be able to get home tonight and Dan and Anna are driving up this evening from Stockton .....hopefully they make it before the snow starts falling. 
  As you can see, Shasta.....our last remaining kitten....is not the least bit concerned.  One of the advantages for being an "only" cat is that Jim takes pity and lets you in the house.  She's a good girl so I don't mind......actually kind of like it !
   Just about ready for Xmas....presents all wrapped, nuts all roasted and fudge all made.  Sweet Anna is making lasagna for dinner when they get here tonight......so for me , a 49er's game to watch, a cozy bed to crawl into later....nothing much to do.  Until I wake up tomorrow morning !  Morning brings......last minute house cleaning, camping stew to make for Xmas eve dinner and a big plate of homemade cream puffs.......sort of stacked like a Xmas tree !!!!   My mom will  come up early ,I hope,it wouldn't be Xmas Eve day without a last minute trip to Worton's , our little mountain grocery store.  Kids will be showing up later in the afternoon......just in time for dinner ! 
   So many cherished traditions this time of year.....I repeat them each and every year with such joy and anticipation.  Merry Christmas to each of you .......enjoy each and every minute of the coming days.

No comments: