Friday, October 21, 2011

This One's for You, Jill and Molly !


Early last summer while Jill and family were here visiting we decided to "set up " the deck. It was a super late start to the warm weather and I hadn't gotten around to putting up the umbrellas or putting on the new outdoor tablecloths that I had purchased. I was so excited.......excited that Jill was here, excited that summer was here and excited with my new tablecloths ! Well, we got up the umbrellas , washed all the chairs off and took the tablecloths out of the bag. .............Molly and Jill did not like them !! Said they looked way too "Fall-ish", not the right colors for summer. Bummer........I had to agree and so retrieved the old ones from a box in the garage. The deck looked great.....summery and inviting with the old, but brightly colored tablecloths. Last weekend as I was again cleaning the deck furniture I remembered the rejected tablecloths .....found them in the garage and they were perfect for Autumn celebrations ! Anyhow....Jilly and Molly....everytime I look at them I remember our laughter filled afternoon and I am so happy I have such wonderful.....but picky.....daughters.
It's getting dark so early these days.....only 5 o'clock and already getting dark. Earlier in honor of longer nights and cooler days I devised a new soup recipe. Super easy and very delicious.......I know all my kids will love it......curry has always been a family favorite. Therefore, I'll share the recipe here ......for the 6 of you !

Curried Chicken and Rice Soup

In large pot saute 1 large onion, sliced thin, 2 sliced carrots and ,if desired, 3 stalks of celery,chopped, in 3 TBSP butter. Saute about 10 minutes. Add 2-3 TBSP curry powder and 1 TBSP sugar.....cook 1 min longer.
Add 6 cups chicken broth and 1/2 cup Jasmine rice. Salt to taste.
Great served with corn bread with just a bit of curry added.






No comments: