Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Granny's 89th !



I know, I know......I've been MIA for the last few weeks. Some excuses......nothing I'll go into now , but I'm back now ! Since I last posted Autumn has arrived here at Lupine Hill. Several large storms .....about 5 inches of rain so far this month. The leaves are beginning to turn and my ....and Jenny's....energy level has shot up off the charts !!
Yesterday was my Mom's 89th birthday ! These photos are of her and the new coffeemaker we gave her......it's a way cool addition to her kitchen. Last year we started a tradition of taking a little road trip on or near her birthday. Last year was a wonderful day on the coast......this year , due to time and weather constraints, we headed up tho Chico. Mom has an old friend , from the 50's, who is living up there . We met her up there and had a wonderful lunch and visit. Molly was able to join us since she had parent conferences and so was done teaching early. It was a rainy, windy day , but still a beautiful drive. Anyhow.......Happy Birthday again ,Mom.....you amaze and delight me !
Today was spent turning apples into apple pies.....they're starting to stack up in the freezer. I also found a delicious sounding recipe for a salsa using green tomatoes so I suppose that will be my next project. Oh !......I also decorated for Halloween today ! I love the Halloween decorations.....silly, since it's only Jim and me.....and Jim could care less !.......but, it sure makes me feel good !

1 comment:

jilljsn said...

Glad to see Granny got her coffee maker. What kind did she get? You all look great - fall colors. Nice to see that you're wearing the new cardigan you bought this summer, Mom!