Thursday, August 11, 2011

Yes to Yarrow !



I have a new favorite flower.....the lowly yarrow. Yarrow is usually seen as "weed like", not too showy, kind of boring........but look what happens when you plant A LOT of yarrow in a barrel ! It has been blooming since June and the deer don't seem interested in it at all . Next year I will double the amount I plant,,,,,it will be everywhere ! By-the-way, I first saw yarrow planted this way at Sundance in Utah. It was quite a few years ago, but I finally got it together !
Tessy was here for a few days and just left evening before last . We had a wonderful visit and even snuck in a day of shopping. We spent one heavenly day at the river with Ross and Molly and had plenty of time for visiting out on the deck.
Yesterday Molly and I headed off to the Nevada Co Fair in Grass Valley. We had a great time checking out the donkeys !! I learned a lot about them and someday still hope to be able to put that knowledge to use. We also watched a dog agility show with Border Collies and some Aussie Shepards......which is what Jenny is. Fascinating and so much fun. Seth was working there so also was able to visit a bit with him.
Headed down to Auburn today with the recycling.....with some of the proceeds I treated myself to In&Out.......in anticipation of that I walked an extra half hour this morning, but I'm sure that hardly covered the burger and fries !

1 comment:

Melanie said...

The Yarrow is beautiful! I love all the colors. Next time you come visit we will take you back to Sundance and ride the tram up the mountain.