Sunday, August 14, 2011

August Ritual !


I'm up to my eyeballs in steaming kettles, pungent herbs and shiny glass jars........it's canning time ! Even though we had a late Spring and a mild Summer, the veggies have taken their cue and are rolling in right on schedule. I've already done several batches of dill pickles , a few jars of chutney and today I'm on my second batch of zucchini relish. I'm pretty thankful for the relatively cool weather this year, it makes my job in the kitchen ever so much more pleasant.......in fact , I haven't really been able to work up much of a complaint this Summer.....I know Jim considers himself fortunate !
It hasn't been all work today , however, .......I moved an old lounge chair of my moms out under the large cedar in the front yard......pure heaven ! I took my "lunch break" out there with a book and a large slice of watermelon and I'm thinkin'.....this may become another August ritual !

No comments: