Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Dog Days !


wheww......it's hot today !! As soon as I stepped outside to walk this morning i could tell it was going to be a scorcher. I was actually a little surprised because when Jim left at 4:45 this morning we could tell it had rained during the night......not much I'm sure ,but enough to dampen the driveway. By 8:00 when I made it out to walk all the clouds had cleared and the sun was blazing. Temperature wise it isn't all that hot......about 85 degrees , but this time of year the sun seems so very intense......maybe because it's lower on the horizon ? I don't know , but by the time I got home from seeing my mom in Roseville I was more than ready to head for "Paradise"......otherwise known as the Doughboy ! It felt heavenly and I was able to do the evening chores and cook dinner with no worries ! Sounds like it will be hot through the weekend......maybe a lake or river day in there somewhere, but most likely Jim and I will get busy with one of the dozens of things that need doing around here and .......yep...I'll end up back in "Paradise"!

No comments: