Monday, June 7, 2010

Adios Winter !


I think it's actually happened......Winter is over !! We seemed to have skipped Spring entirely......the last couple of days have been downright hot ! Not that I'm complaining........not yet. My early Summer ritual took place yesterday.....I took the down comforter off our bed and replaced it with a Summer quilt. That's our Winter comforter cover hanging on the clothesline ........well.... it's a welcome sight to my eyes !
Yesterday was a real nice day......a bit of gardening done, a trip to the lumber store with Jim and then a wonderful visit with Amanda. Seth was working so she came and hung out up here. We shared a Hot Link and lots of great conversation.
Today I went down and met my Mom.....she needed to take a floor lamp to be fixed, but ......no luck.....couldn't fix it. Since we were so close......we decided it would be silly to pass up the opportunity to stop at Sam's for a delicious sandwich and cole slaw. It's a locally owned restaurant in Sacramento that we used to go to when I was growing up down there.......still one of the best bargains in the valley!
Homegrown artichokes steaming away in the kitchen for dinner tonight. The artichokes loved the cool weather and we have a bumper crop of them this year. They smell wonderful and loaded with garlic.......just the way we like them !

1 comment:

jilljen said...

Yum! I hope there are artichokes left when we get there!