Thursday, December 11, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Xmas!




The lights are up, the tree is trimmed! I spent the day wrapping presents......Xmas must be just around the corner. It's even supposed to snow all weekend......at last......so maybe a white Xmas. Hopefully this weekend the kitchen will start smelling like spiced walnuts and cranberry bread, with a little Rice Krispie Treat scent thrown in for good measure!


As you can see from the photo we've decided to use manzanita again this year for our Xmas tree. It's so nice just to cut off a few branches and not destroy a whole tree......not to mention the money saving aspects of just walking outside and picking out "tree". We have quite a few firs, cedar and pines on our property and some year we might cut one of those if they seem to be in a "no win" growth situation.


Tomorrow I'm headed down to help my Mom finish her shopping......I LOVE Xmas shopping......especially if I'm just a consultant and don't actually have to buy anything!


I hope everyone reading this is cozy and warm......getting ready to soak in this wonderful mid-winter season.

No comments: