Friday, September 12, 2008

Lunch With Grunky!


I had a very nice afternoon yesterday.......having lunch with my Dad! I don't get to see him too often.........it's too complicated to explain here........but yesterday was a day when I did see him!! We had lunch at one of my favorite restaurants, PF Changs............we had spicy eggplant and rare Ahi.......oh, so good ........it didn't disappoint! Visiting with my Dad.......who is called "Grunky" by my kids, thanks to a very young Jill............well, having a chance to talk to him was great. At eighty-five years old , he is awesome. He remains extremely sharp and very involved in the goings on of the world.......his curiosity has not diminished at all! I'm very lucky to have both my parents.

When I got home it was out to the garden to water some very thirsty veggies........when will it rain????? I talked to Josh in Salt Lake City and I am very jealous of the rain they've received. Like I've said before, it's unnatural to go so long without rain.

Today I went down to get some groceries in Auburn........wow....I'm glad we still don't have a household full of kids to feed! Just a couple of "weekend warriors".......this week , Molly and Seth! But I must say I love having the kids around.......call me crazy!...and i think Jim does!!!!

No comments: