Sunday, July 29, 2012

In A Pickle !

  Well, since today is a little warmer than it's been the last week or so I decided it would be a good day to get the kitchen extra hot and steamy !  I guess pickles just wouldn't taste right if they weren't made in a hot sticky kitchen.  
   The garden, by-the-way, is awesome this year.  The squash, eggplant, peppers and cucumbers have been pouring in and now here come the tomatoes !!   I must admit the tomatoes are my favorite....first thing I usually eat when I get up this time of year is a big, juicy, ripe tomato.....with just a dash of salt !
    Yesterday my mom and I had a wonderful day with Tess. I can't tell you how many people stopped to tell her how adorable she looks......about to pop....but so tan, healthy and happy !  I have a feeling the baby may get here before too long....certainly before her due date....August 22....I don't see how her belly can get any bigger.....she's likely to topple over....face first !  
    Our "little one"....Callie... continues to delight us.  She's being such a good girl, trying very hard to please.  She and our cat, Guppy, have been working out their relationship and seem to be starting to enjoy each other.
    Now hearing the pickle jar lids "pop".....a good sign, meaning they're all sealed up .  Now the wait......should be ready to eat around Halloween !

No comments: